We have implemented the following Safety Precautions to take care of all of our patients and staff.
Safety precautions in place include, but are not limited to:
1. All patients are triaged and pre-screened over the phone. The ADA has recommended we ask a series of questions prior to your scheduled visit.
2. Each patient must complete a pre-screening and a consent form. To limit interaction in the office, our forms will be made readily available for you to fill out prior to your appointment. You will be asked for an email address in order to have the forms emailed to you for downloading and printing for you to fill out prior to your appointment. (If you do not have the capability to print the forms from home, we will provide forms when you arrive. Please plan on arriving early for your appointment so you will have time to fill out forms if you were not able to do this prior to your appointment.)
3. In order to provide for social distancing as much as possible, everyone will be asked to call the office when they arrive in the parking lot for their appointment and wait in their car until we are ready to bring them straight back to one of the treatment rooms.
4. We will ask our screening questions again to assure that nothing has changed since your forms have been filled out and your temperature will be taken by one of the assistants.
5. You will be asked to wear a mask to the office and keep the mask on during your visit. We will also provide gloves for patients to wear while they are in the office. The mask will be removed when we need to access your oral cavity and then you will be asked to replace your mask. Masks will be provided for any patient who does not have their own.
6. We have increased the frequency of hard surface cleaning and disinfecting, including doorknobs and handles, light switches, counters, waiting area, seats, office materials and of course all clinical equipment.
7. Rigorous sterilization of all instruments and disinfection of surfaces in the clinical areas between patients is a standard practice that we have performed since the inception of “Universal Precautions” in Dentistry in the mid-1980’s.
8. Active communication with staff emphasizing everyday preventative actions including proper hygiene and maintaining a clean disinfected work environment.
9. In addition to existing proper protective gear and protocols, employees are now equipped with and must always wear and properly dispose of the gowns, highest filtration masks, facial shield, and goggles.
10. Anti-bacterial soap and hand sanitizer are available throughout the office for both employee and patient use.
11. All shared items such as reading material, magazines and toys have been removed.
12. Our employees are screened daily, including taking and recording their temperature when they arrive to work.
13. Prior to any intra-oral procedure, you will be provided an antimicrobial mouthwash to rinse with, decreasing the potential pathogens present in your oral cavity.
14. Upon completion of your appointment, you will be escorted back out of the office by one of the assistants. You will be shown where to discard any gloves or masks that you have been given as you exit. All insurance and payment transactions will be handled over the phone or by email to limit person to person contact for the administrative staff.
It is imperative that our office remains a safe and comfortable environment for all patients and staff.
Your health is our goal.
Not all appointments require an actual physical visit to the office !!!
If you have any condition that you think would be something where a tele-dentistry appointment might be beneficial to answer a question you have or give you some peace of mind about a dental concern, just call the office and see if scheduling a tele-dentistry appointment would be best. The office number is (901) 853-8116.
For a quick tutorial of how to log in and use the tele-dentistry platform (Doxy.me) that Dr. Blanton is utilizing for his telehealth conferencing, follow the link below to a YouTube tutorial video.
Doxy.me tutorial video on YouTube